Copywriting, Content Strategy
Decentraland is building an open, virtual world on top of web3 tech where indie game developers and digital artists can share and monetize new, experimental 3D creations.
Infinite Craft spent over a year providing in-house content strategy and writing that established Decentraland’s brand identity and helped to double the size of their community.
- Like most startups, Decentraland’s first focus was on building their product. But in late 2017, Decentraland held an auction to sell plots of virtual land where users could upload content.
- The auction netted over $25M, drawing tremendous attention. They knew they needed a content strategy and pipeline that would give character to their growing brand and community in anticipation of the public launch.
- In collaboration with the founders, Infinite Craft set Decentraland’s early editorial direction and led creative work for all written content on their homepage, blog, and social media profiles.
- Infinite Craft managed the editorial calendar for Decentraland’s blog, curated articles from contributors, and contributed writing for each published announcement, tutorial, and thought leadership piece.
- The blog was supported by email campaigns, social media activity, and press releases, all of which acted as modular components within the overall content strategy.
- Infinite Craft also provided in-house copywriting for Decetraland’s product UX copy, landing pages, and ad campaigns.